Social impact: what should be measured and reported, and how?
(the following lines are part of my contribution on the Work Group 9 of the Conference on Social Impact )
- Following Europe 2020 strategy and the monitoring of its overall progress on economy through indicators we propose a new framework combining micro- and macro indicators.
- Various social impact metrics exist within social economy on a micro level
- A voluntary common European social impact model -derived from extended EU consultation, among academics, experts and practitioners- would act as the basis for common grounds of the social economy ecosystems in EU member states.
- This EU Social Impact model would involve the unity in diversity of the various social economy ecosystems.
- GDP doesn’t include social metrics. “Beyond GDP” EU Commision’s initiative could be linked with social impact metrics.